World Forum Offshore Wind have published the Global Offshore Wind Report 2022.
According to the report;
- 257 offshore wind farms are currently in operation worldwide
- 9.4 GW Globally added offshore wind capacity in 2022
- Global offshore wind installations are on track to grow 10-fold by 2035, reaching 519 GW.
- Offshore wind installations are set to reach 18.4GW in 2023, with mainland China accounting for over half of this total.
- BNEF expects annual offshore wind to climb to 45.7 GW in 2030 underpinned by the mature markets of China, the UK, Germany and the Netherlands.